For more than three decades, MIT Club of Hong Kong brings together alumni, families, children and friends across different universities for a fun-filled day of sports. As one of its signature events, MIT Sports Day features a full day of tournament that kids and adults love – competitive track and field events, ball games, balloon toss, among others.
In 2014 we had close to ~100 guests from 16 universities compete (see 2014 photos and 2013 photos). Winners will receive medals and the champion gets to bring home the coveted Trophy and of course, bragging rights.
Find out which school will unseat defending champion MIT…
• Will it be UC Berkeley which had a strong adult basketball team?
• Yale which came in bronze?
• Columbia which had a fabulous volleyball team?
• University of Chicago which won the kids 50m dash or
• Will a new contender arise?
Guests and kids are welcome! Get your sporting gear out and enjoy the sun! Come support your fellow alumni/friends in your school T-shirt or colour!
• 09:30-10:00am - Registration and warm-ups
• 10:00-12:15pm - Basketball, wiffle ball, volleyball, soccer dribbling, long jump, 100m race, egg and spoon race, ultimate frisbee
• 12:15-01:00pm - Lunch and group photos (Light lunch and refreshments)*
• 01:00-03:00pm - Dodgeball, balloon toss, 4x100m relay race, wet-n-wild, 3-legged race, tug of war
• 03:00-04:00pm - Prizes, photos, and clean up
*We encourage parents to bring snacks for children or visit the refreshment kiosk in case children want to eat earlier than the designated time
Sign up now (<<please click) to enjoy early bird discounts (value package for families are available). Online registration closes on Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016. All registered and participating children will receive certificate of attendance.
See you there!
• Advance online registration: US$22 for adults | US$17 for kids | US$55 family price
• At the door registration: $200 for adults | $150 for kids| $500 for family package
• Note: Family package refers to parents (2 adults) and kids (minors)
• Via MTR: Exit D1 Mong Kok or Exit B Mong Kok East (~20 minutes by foot)
• Via Bus (get off Kowloon City Hospital):
- NW Bus 113 Kennedy Town (Belcher Bay) to Choi Hung
- NW Bus 182 Central (Macau Ferry) to Sha Tin (Yu Chui Court)
- Hop on: Douglas St., Des Voeux Road Central
- Get off: St. George’s Apartments, Waterloo Road
For inquiries, suggestions or to volunteer:
• Bettina Tso: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Susanna Wong: email@example.com
• Jacklyn Sing: firstname.lastname@example.org