CUAAHK Annual General Meeting 2023
Thursday, 14 September 2023
Ms. Ronna Chao, Chief Executive Officer, Novel Investment Partners Limited and Chief Executive Officer, Bai Xian Asia Institute
Ms. Marisa Yiu, Co-Founder, Lead Curator/ Executive Director, DESIGN TRUST and Founding Partner, ESKYIU
The Columbia University Alumni Association (Hong Kong) Limited Annual General Meeting (CUAAHK AGM) will be held on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 6:30pm. This year, we are honoured to have Ms. Ronna Chao and Ms. Marisa Yiu as our Keynote Panel Speakers to talk about “Leadership for Impact”. Ms. Chao and Ms. Yiu have exemplified extraordinary leadership that has had impactful changes in the Design and Textile industry respectively. The panel will be moderated by Mr. Danny Lee (CC ’95, Economics).
Link to Detailed Bio for Ms. Ronna Chao
Ms. Ronna Chao is CEO of Novel Investment Partners Limited, Chairperson of Novetex Textiles Limited, and a Director of Novelpark Investments Limited. Her responsibilities in these various capacities cover investment and portfolio management, property redevelopment, and textile manufacturing. Ms. Chao is also CEO of Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI). Initially funded by the Chao family’s Bai Xian Education Foundation (BXEF), and with the support of five founding members, BXAI was established in 2014 to oversee the development and implementation of the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP). Today, BXAI supports up to 100 scholars each year to study away from their home country or region at one of its six partner universities.
Link to Detailed Bio for Ms. Marisa Yiu
Ms. Marisa Yiu is co-founder and Executive Director/ Lead Curator of DESIGN TRUST, an initiative of the registered charity Hong Kong Ambassadors of Design. Yiu has been spearheading the creation of long-term and meaningful platforms to curate and fund innovative and thought-provoking investigations in various design disciplines. She conceptualized the Design Trust Futures Studio flagship programme as a design community think-tank on new designs for public micro-parks in Hong Kong, to programmes on Heritage and innovation. She is also an architect and Founding Partner of ESKYIU, a multi-disciplinary and award-winning architecture studio based in Hong Kong since 2007, founded in New York in 2005. Marisa received her Bachelor of Arts from Columbia College, and a Master of Architecture from Princeton University.
Date & Time: Thursday, 14 September 2023, 6:30 pm
- 6:30 pm Registration and buffet dinner starts
7:45 pm Annual General Meeting
- To receive a Report from the President on 2022-2023 Year in Review
- To receive a Report from the Treasurer on the financial status of the Association up to June 2023
- To receive and approve the audited Financial Statements of the Association and the Report of the Independent Auditor for the year ended March 31, 2023. (Please click here for the Financial Statements and the Report.)
- To approve the re-appointment of Dickson Wong C.P.A. Co. Limited as Auditor of the Association
- To consider any other business
- 8:00 pm Panel Talk by Ms. Ronna Chao and Ms. Marisa Yiu to be moderated by Mr. Danny Lee
- 9:00 pm End and Networking
Venue: Harcourt Suite, The Hong Kong Club, 1 Jackson Road, Central, Hong Kong
Dress Code: Business attire, no denim clothing, shorts, shirts without collar, sports shoes, shoes with white rubber sole or slippers allowed at the Hong Kong Club
- $150 for CUAAHK member* and current student
- $450 for non-member
- *Member’s ticket is sponsored by CUAAHK. To be a member, you must have paid either annual or lifetime membership fee for 2023 on the date of AGM.
RSVP: Sign up by completing your payment here