CUAAHK x CBSACHK Morningside Salon
Investing in AI: The Next Frontier
6:30 PM, Tuesday, 9 May
With the recent Cambrian explosion in the AI space, investors have been on the lookout for the next breakout companies. Have you wondered how you could stay informed about the latest developments beyond chatGPT? Or the regulatory and ethical considerations associated with investing in AI? CUAAHK and CBSACHK cordially invites you to our next Morningside Salon discussion, with Mr. Arnaud Barthelemy and Ms. Terry Chou, Partners at Alpha Intelligence Capital. Arnaud and Terry will share valuable insights from their successful careers as venture capitalists focusing on the global AI market, their investment philosophies, and how they discern opportunities from pitfalls in a space filled with the novelties.
Date & Time: 6:30 PM, Tuesday, 9 May
- 6:30 PM - Registration
- 6:45 PM - Discussion
- 8:00 PM - Networking
- 8:30 PM - Program Ends
Venue: HK Club Harcourt Room
Price per person (Light Snacks and Drinks included)
- CUAAHK / CBSACHK member: HKD 200
- non-member: HKD 250
Arnaud Barthelemy – Partner and COO
Arnaud has a dual background as an investor and as a diplomat. He started his career in the foreign service and served his country (France) for 15 years, most notably as representative to the United Nations Security Council in New York and as its top representative in Hong Kong.
He also has 8+ years of experience in international financial services having worked for the Franco-German financial services group ODDO BHF and for France’s Strategic Investment Fund (Fonds Stratégique d'Investissement, now Banque Publique d’Investissement), the main investor in startups in France.
As Partner and COO:
- Arnaud runs AIC’s operations globally and manages investors relations worldwide.
- He also primes dealflow in Europe and has led investments in leading AI/ML portfolio companies, including InstaDeep (acquired by BioNTech in 2022), Virtuo, Photoneo, and Another Brain.
- Arnaud is a board member of AIC portfolio companies: Virtuo, Photoneo and Another Brain.
- Personal investor in Augustinus Bader and K Health.
- Arnaud was a member of the Investment Committee of CDC Entreprises.
- Arnaud holds a Master in Management from ESCP Europe (France), and a Master in Public Affairs from Sciences Po (France). He is an alumnus of France’s Ecole Nationale d’Administration (Promotion Averroès, 2000).
Terry Chou - Partner
Terry is passionate about investing and helping entrepreneurs through their personal journeys. Her mission is to partner with founders to bring disruptive AI technologies to the market; she plays an integral role as a board member/observer of portfolio companies. At AIC, Terry has a successful track record leading advanced AI investments across regions with a focus on cybersecurity, FinTech and SaaS.
An accomplished investor with a mission, 10+ years of experience in venture capital and private equity:
- Terry joined AIC as an investor and a founding member of Fund I in 2017.
- Terry led AIC’s investments in ReaQta (acquired by IBM in 2021), SenseTime (HKSE: 0020), AI Music (acquired by Apple in 2022), QxBranch (acquired by Rigetti in 2019), Envelop Risk, Osaro, GetVisibility and Vamstar.
- Prior to AIC, Terry spearheaded technology investments at VMS Investment Group (US$2.0bn+ AUM). She deployed over US$180m investments in technology and health-tech investments, with notable investments such as iQiyi (Nasdaq: IQ), Universal Medical Group Company (2666.HK) and Talkingdata. Before working at VMS, Terry was a M&A advisor for listed companies.
- She is a personal investor in K Health and Sandbox VR.
- An advocate for FemTech entrepreneurs and investors in APAC region.
- Terry holds a BSc in Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Danny Lee is an experienced investor with over 24 years of global private equity experience spanning venture, growth and buyouts. He is currently managing VCA Capital Fund I, helping individuals and family offices manage their private equity portfolio globally through both fund and direct investments. Danny is also a senior advisor to Blue Pool Capital where he was a partner running global private equity since 2015. Before that he was a managing director at Bain Capital and Vice President at Investor AB, the largest industrial holding company in the Nordic region. He started his career with Lehman Brothers in NY. Danny has a BA in Economics from Columbia and is a CFA Charter holder.
Danny is an Aspen Finance Fellow and Edmund Hillary Fellow. He sits on the investment committee for New Zealand Elevate Venture Fund, on the board of the HK Venture Capital and Private Equity Association, and is the chairman of Seed Foundation, a youth education NGO sponsored by Alibaba Entrepreneur Fund. He is also the founding patron for the M+ Museum and the HK Palace Museum.