**The event has been postponed - Please refer back later for updates. Refunds will be arranged for confirmed guests.**
Women’s Forum: Is This Called Equality? - Women in Hong Kong During COVID-19
Tuesday, December 1st, 2020
CUAAHK cordially invites you to attend a virtual forum about the current situation for women in Hong Kong. It’s a chance to focus on the ‘other side’ of Hong Kong’s resilience during COVID-19: how women must cope, while playing roles as caregivers or as domestic workers, or while facing other domestic pressures and even abuse.
We will hear about the work that these amazing women’s organizations are doing to sustain and advocate for social inclusion of women in Hong Kong, and learn of opportunities to support and extend what they are doing during this challenging period.
The speakers and topics include the following:
- Hong Kong Women Workers’ Association – Ms. WONG Lok Yung (Social Worker) will speak about the challenges and needs faced by grassroot women caregivers, and policies which they have been advocating for
- Mission for Migrant Workers – Ms. Cynthia ABDON-TELLEZ (General Manager) will share the dilemmas that migrant domestic workers have been facing, on the one hand due to COVID-related measures, and on the other hand due to travel and other restrictions.
- Hong Kong Federation of Women’s Centres – Ms. Sisi LIU (Director) will reveal the types of increased calls for help they receive at their women’s centres, and the assistance they offer.
- Moderator – Doris Lee (SIPA ’97) has recently completed a PhD in Asian and International Studies from City University of Hong Kong. Previously she has worked as an editor in a labour rights NGO, and as a banker. She is a member of the Board of Bethune House Migrant Women’s Refuge and also a member in the women’s rights network One Billion Rising (Hong Kong).
|Event Title:||Women’s Forum: Is This Called Equality? - Women in Hong Kong During COVID-19|
|Date:||Tuesday, December 1st, 2020|
|Time:||12:15pm - 1:30pm
- 12:15 pm Introduction and Presentations
- 1:00 pm Q&A with moderator & audience
|Location:||Zoom (Zoom link will be sent within 24 hours of the event)|
Proceeds to go to charities linked with the speakers.
|RSVP:||Please complete payment to confirm your spot|